Dental Crowns in Orange Park are caps that have a shape similar to that of a tooth. This cap is usually placed over a tooth that needs some kind of repairing or restoring back to its original form and structure. This treatment is recommended when your tooth is really bad due to decay or has been damaged to a great extent, or when the tooth needs to be restored with a filling. You can browse this site, if you want to know more about dental crowns.
This type of treatment is used when you are having one of the following problems:
- Repairing the decayed teeth
- Support a dental bridge that has been used as a replacement of a missing tooth
- Replace any other type of defective fillings
- Restore broken or fractured teeth caused by an oral treatment or accident
- Replace teeth using dental implants
This was all about the basics regarding this treatment and where it can be actually used. There are different types of crowns to choose from before you begin with this treatment. You need to first think about the pros and cons of each different type of placement with your dentist before you make a final selection. Many people prefer the natural look of porcelain when compared to the other forms such as metal, all porcelain, or all ceramic placements.