Having your roof inspected is an essential part of your overall household maintenance.
It’s often overlooked or ignored until there is internal damage at which point the Insurance Company will tell you that it won’t cover any roof repairs as the roof has not been regularly maintained.
Organizing an emergency roof repair inspection can save you a lot of money and hassle in the long run and is worth regularly doing.
WHY DO YOU NEED REGULAR ROOF INSPECTIONS
Here are the main reasons why it’s essential to keep on top of inspections and roof maintenance:
- Roofs that aren’t maintained will cause leaks and costly damage to the contents of your house.
- If sudden severe weather occurs, such as storms, high winds, and hail, your house is likely to suffer.
- Your insurance company may not pay out for damage from leaking roofs until you have had the roof fixed at your own expense if you have not had regular inspections and maintenance done.
- Any loose tiles or other parts of the roof which can become loose may cause danger to passers-by if they slip off or go flying during windy weather.
WHAT YOU NEED TO CONSIDER
If you’re not sure when to organize a roofing inspection, here’s what you need to consider:
- On self-inspection, are there any visible signs of damage or leaks that need immediate repair? Also, check for debris and blocked gutters that might need clearing either by yourself or by a professional.
- Some roof problems may not be evident on self-inspection, and this is where it is invaluable to have a roofing contractor do a thorough inspection regularly.