While at preschool, your child is exposed to everything within the classroom and premises. When interacting and engaging with other children it is very possible that your child might get over-excited and happy play could easily turn into an accident situation that you wouldn’t want at any cost.
Thus, when selecting a preschool, do remember to ask whether their classroom furniture is safe and child-friendly. Because really, the classroom furniture for optimised learning is essential for your child.
As essential as it is for the furniture to be sturdy, well-fitted, and exciting-looking, it is just as important for it to be safe for little children to be around. Additionally, you should also keep a watch to enquire whether the toys given to the children are child-friendly and non-toxic.
Below is a five-point checklist to have in place when assessing whether the furniture set up in the preschool is safe and good for your child:
- Rounded edges on tables, chairs, and any other pieces of furniture
- The furniture is made from sturdy material that will not give way easily.
- Materials used for constructing and paint used for finishing off the furniture’s look is non-toxic.
- Allows your child to sit comfortably bringing on good posture and eliminates a lazy feel or uncomfortable seating arrangement.
- Has an attractive look, so that the child identifies with it as their own seating place and contributes towards an enthusiastic learning environment.
There are several leading preschools that include safe classroom furniture as one of the prerequisites to have in the classroom, making them perfect hands to place your child in. Having safe classroom furniture is a great way to gauge whether the preschool you have selected shares the same thought as you in keeping your child’s safety in mind every step of the way.