Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and oxidation at low and high temperatures because it contains chromium. This distinguishes stainless steel from mild steel or other steels. Although pipes are not the cheapest option on the market, they have many advantages.
Not only is it corrosion resistant, which makes it useful in thin-walled pipes, but it also has low friction properties and is easy to maintain, which makes it inexpensive. They are used to build safe and permanent structures such as factories. You can also get bending stainless steel tubing services via https://ogis.com.au/
Image Source: Google
Different types of stainless steel pipes are designed to withstand different environments with different temperatures. Here are some types of pipes:
• Austenitic – plastic, non-magnetic, and suitable for welding. It is used in the manufacture of kitchen utensils, plumbing, and large area containers.
• Ferrite – like austenitic, but more corrosion resistant. Used in indoor appliances such as washing machines.
• Austenitic-Ferritic (Duplex) – strong and plastic. It is mainly used in industries such as pulp making and shipbuilding.
• Martensite – contains 11-13% chromium, which makes it quite corrosion-resistant. It is also strong and has magnetic properties. Used in making turbines.
• Heat-resistant pipes – used for very high-temperature steam. They are heat resistant. They are used in boilers.
The stainless steel integrated into the pipe has become an integral part of the manufacturing industry. Stainless steel is used in the manufacturing industry because of its high resistance to corrosion and is available in a variety of sizes and diameters.
Nowadays steel pipes are also used in artistic decoration. These tubes are available in many designs depending on their use, e.g. round, rectangle, square, and oval.