Looking for a nursery?
Here are some tips for finding a great one!
1. Know what you want: Do you want a classroom with many other children or a more homelike environment with fewer children? Do you want a nursery closer to home or closer to your work? Looking for a preschool curriculum? Would your child do better with a daily schedule or a more relaxed day? Write a list of what you are looking for before you begin so that you can narrow down your options and save time. You can find the daycare in Rockdale through Minimasterminds.
2. Word of mouth: the best way to find a good nursery is by asking around. Ask your friends, ask at work, ask at the gym! If someone says they have a great daycare, take out your priority list and see if that daycare might be right for your child. Get as many different options as you can so you have more to choose from.
3. Check Online: Some daycare centers have websites that can give you a good idea of what they are. Just search for "daycare, your city, your state." While not all daycare centers have websites (especially home daycare), you may be lucky and find the perfect daycare near you. The great thing about a well-thought-out daycare website is that it can save you time in the interview process.
4. Phone calls: Once you have narrowed your list of providers to 5-10, call each provider to make sure they have openings. Ask some basic questions, like fees and hours of operation. Listen to a provider who is friendly and professional. Make an appointment to interview the providers you think will meet your needs.
5. Choose the best nursery for your needs! If you are not satisfied with all the daycare centers you have interviewed, just start the process over and look for more options. If you've found more than one daycare that you love and just can't decide, you can ask the providers if you can come to visit during the day and just look around for a bit. You can locate the Exceptional Child Care Centre in Rockdale by just doing a bit of research via the net.
Choosing a nursery is a very personal decision. If after you leave, you love the idea of leaving your child there, this is probably the right place for you.